Sunday, April 6, 2014

Work Seminar


The orthopaedic practice that I work for has been in the area since the early 1940's.  The oldest in our area. The founding doctor ( before his death in 2004 ) organized a orthopaedic lecture to be held each year. This year's was so enlightening for me as a radiologic technologist ( what I do full-time as my real job ). I just wish some of my fellow co-workers - techs - went. They thought it would be a waste of their time.

Everything clicked for me why the doctors order the xrays the way they do. The other guest speakers ( other orthopaedic surgeons and a muscoskeletal radiologist ) stressed the importance of weightbearing xrays. We as technologists always asked: Why are they ordering these weightbearing?

This lecture series explained it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking at my blog. Please visit again.